Easy doughnuts made with apple cider vinegar! This morning I woke up with a hankering…
Try Goulter’s healthy cocktail of the century – all the way from Nelson New Zealand – healthy and festive together in one drink!
The silly season is upon us! So let’s get merry and add a dash of Goulter’s to your next cocktail or mocktail. We often get asked about the best way to enjoy our vinegars and there are loads of alternatives the ‘standard’ mix 1-2tsp with warm water. So why not add a healthy dose of Honeygar, Apple Cider Vinegar or Kiwifruit Vinegar to your next cocktail or mocktail and celebrate a healthier way? Today we’re sharing our favourite vinegar drink recipes with you!
What is Honeygar?
Goulter’s Honeygar is a delicious mix of organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Manuka Honey MGO120+ and Honeydew Honey. Each individual ingredient is known for its health benefits. Our Honeygar is locally grown and produced. Honeygar is simply beautiful added to your summer cocktail. It tastes delicious, is refreshing and VERY healthy.
The basic Honeygar cocktail recipe
Use this recipe as the base for your mocktail and try out the many variations to find your favourite drink.
Goulter’s Honeygar Vodka Summer Cocktail (for a mocktail leave out the Vodka)
- 30ml Goulter’s Organic Honeygar
- 30ml Vodka
- 150ml Tonic Water
- Squeeze of lime
- Ice Cubes
This delicious low sugar Honeygar cocktail is very refreshing and best serviced chilled with mint and lime for garnish.
Honeygar cocktail variations
The variations are endless with this recipe but our favourites are;
- A splash of pomegranate juice (oh that colour!!)
- Muddled strawberries
- Juice of one squeezed orange
- Grated fresh ginger
Vinegar cocktail recipes
A basic cocktail recipe combines 60ml of spirits with 30ml sweetener and 15mls good vinegar – use Goulter’s Apple Cider Vinegar or why not try our Kiwifruit Vinegar – mixed well, served over ice and topped with sparkling or soda water.
Try these Goulter’s favourites;
- Gin 60ml, 30ml thyme syrup, 15mls Kiwifruit Vinegar topped with sparkling water, garnish with sprig of thyme. Make your own thyme syrup by mixing 1/3 cup boiling water with 1 cup honey and stir until dissolved. Then add 5 sprigs of thyme and steep for 30mins, then strain to remove solids. This will keep in your fridge for weeks.
- 60ml whisky, 30ml honey syrup, 15mls ACV topped with sparkling water.
- 60ml whisky, 30ml maple syrup, 15mls Kiwifruit Vinegar
- 60ml whisky or rum, 30ml honey sage syrup, 15ml ACV, garnish with fresh sage leaf. Make honey sage syrup by mixing 1/3 cup boiling water with 1 cup honey and stir until dissolved. Steep 10 fresh sage leaves in syrup for 30 minutes, then strain out solids. This will keep in your fridge for weeks.
- Combine 6tbs ACV, 6tbs honey and ½ cup water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil stirring constantly then remove from heat and add 6 sprigs fresh thyme. Leave to steep for 3 minutes and strain. Move to a large pitcher, add 2 ½ cups water (still or soda), 2 cups lemon juice and 120ml vodka and mix well. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
Or if you’re looking for a drink to really warm you up, try this one;
- Combine 2tbs Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 tbs maple syrup, 1tsp cloves and 2 cinnamon sticks in a large sauce pan and heat stirring constantly until warm. Add 4 cups apple cider, half a sliced orange and heat (don’t boil). Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup dark rum.
Do you have a favourite cocktail or mocktail recipe that uses Apple Cider Vinegar? We’d love to hear from you so drop us a line at [email protected] and show us your creations!
About Goulter’s the vinegar people
Goulter’s produce a range of vinegar products for your health and home. Available from select supermarkets, health food stores and online on https://www.vinegarpower.co.nz/.